Special thanks to Tom Johnson and GoldFlakePaint for premiering “For You,” the next single from Joanna Sternberg’s debut full-length album “Then I Try Some More.”
The new track will be available to stream everywhere on Friday, May 17. You can follow Joanna Sternberg on Spotify and check out their stellar playlist “Music I Love” ! Pre-save the new album to Spotify.
Vinyl album artwork includes a 6-page lyrics folder in full color, drawn and lettered by Joanna Sternberg, plus the first four panels of their comic of the same name, Then I Try Some More. CD artwork includes a 24-page booklet.
- 13-Jun Woodstock NY @ Colony w/ Kath Bloom and Jules Olson
- 12-Jul Brooklyn NY @ The Glove // Record Release Party Jam Art Show Tour Kick Off
July Tour, supporting Conor Oberst
- 17-Jul Portsmouth NH – Prescott Park Free Concert Series
- 18-Jul Providence RI – Columbus Theater tickets
- 19-Jul Norwalk CT – Wall St Theater tickets
- 20-Jul Bearsville NY – Bearsville Theater SOLD OUT
- 21-Jul Jersey City NJ – White Eagle Hall SOLD OUT
- 23-Jul Kalamazoo MI – Bells Brewery tickets
- 24-Jul Chicago IL – Thalia Hall SOLD OUT
- 25-Jul Cincinnati OH – Taft Theatre tickets
- 26-Jul Bloomington IL – Castle Theater tickets
- 27-Jul Maquoketa IA – Codfish Hollow SOLD OUT
- 28-Jul Minneapolis MN – Weesner Amphitheater, Minneapolis Zoo tickets
We are pleased to announce that Joanna Sternberg will be the special guest for all dates on Conor Oberst’s tour of the northeast and midwest in July. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, April 19, at 10am ET.
Poster + art by Joanna Sternberg. All dates and ticket links are below:
17-Jul Portsmouth NH – Prescott Park Free Concert Series
18-Jul Providence RI – Columbus Theater
19-Jul Norwalk CT – Wall Street Theater
20-Jul Woodstock NY – Bearsville Theater
21-Jul Jersey City NJ – White Eagle Hall
23-Jul Kalamazoo MI – Bells Brewery
24-Jul Chicago IL – Thalia Hall
25-Jul Cincinatti OH – Taft Theatre
26-Jul Bloomington IL – Castle Theater
27-Jul Maquoketa IA – Codfish Hollow
28-Jul Minneapolis MN – Weesner Amphitheater, Minneapolis Zoo
Conor Oberst has partnered with PLUS1 so that $1 from every ticket sold will go to the Florence Project and their work providing direct legal and social services for detained adults and children under threat of deportation.
Track premiere: Joanna Sternberg – This Is Not Who I Want To Be, from the upcoming album Then I Try Some More
simple but affecting
— Sternberg confronts oblivion with only a piano in tow-James Rettig for Stereogum
Many thanks to Stereogum for premiering the first single off Joanna Sternberg’s “Then I Try Some More,” out July 12. The album will be released on vinyl, cd, and as a digital album. It includes full-color artwork and lyrics sheet hand-drawn by Joanna Sternberg, along with the first pages of a comic by the same name. Listen to “This Is Not How I Want to Be,” streaming everywhere now.
“…opting to drone a calm croon…”The Music Mermaid on Lorkin O’Reilly
Many thanks to The Music Mermaid for the premiere, and for the eloquent take on the new video from Lorkin O’Reilly, “Upon the Hammer,” directed by Griffin Hart Davis.
We are proud to present the music of Bill Brovold, distributed through Team Love by special arrangement with the artist, and now available worldwide to stream or download.
Bill Brovold is a painter, composer, and artist. In the early 1980s, he was a member of a number of New York avant-garde, No Wave groups including Rhys Chatham Ensemble, East Village Orchestra, Fast Forward and the Zen Vikings. Bill created the Detroit bands Larval and Strange Farm, whose revolving line-ups at times included Billy Ficca of Television, Ernie Brooks of Modern Lovers, and Ron Asheton of The Stooges. Brovold’s long musical history overflows with interesting projects and obscure yet essential names in the worlds of art and avant-garde music. Read more
“One half of the excellent duo The Lowest Pair, Palmer T. Lee branches out with his first solo album Winebringer…”Americana UK
Thanks to Americana UK for premiering the video for “So Between Eyes.” Directed by Brett Hansen.
The Live Feed on KQAL-FM, 89.5MHz, at Winona State University in Winona, Minnesota. KQAL’s Willard Huyck sat down with Palmer to discuss the album, his future plans and to hear some tunes. Aired: 02.06.2019
An Evening of Folk with Lorkin O’Reilly + Darci Phenix — Tour starts tonight in Vancouver BC at Guilt & Co. The two artists will be joined by The Lowest Pair’s own Kendl Winter in Olympia WA on Saturday.
- 03.21 Vancouver BC – Guilt and Co
- 03.22 Nanaimo BC – The Vault
- 03.23 Olympia WA – Last Word Books w/ Kendl Winter
- 03.24 Portland OR – The Strum
- 03.25 Sacramento CA – Luna’s
- 03.26 San Francisco CA – The Hit Gallery
The Lowest Pair starts tour on Sunday in Astoria OR at Fort George Brewery
- 03.24 Astoria OR – Fort George Brewery
- 03.26 Portland OR – Mississippi Studios
- 03.27 Coos Bay OR – 7 Devils Brewery
- 03.28 Ashland OR – Gios Building
- 03.29 Bend OR – Volcanic Theater Pub
- 04.02 Hood River OR – Spring House Cellar
- 04.04 Olympia OR – Octapas Cafe
- 04.06 Chimacum WA – Finnriver Farm and Cidery
Watch Darci Phenix’s new video for “Empty Spaces” from Juniper Street, directed by Sarah Phenix
- 3/21 Vancouver BC – Guilt and Co
- 3/22 Nanaimo BC – The Vault
- 3/23 Olympia WA – Last Word Books
- 3/24 Portland OR – The Strum
- 3/25 Sacramento CA – Luna’s
- 3/26 San Francisco CA – The Hit Gallery
- 3/29 Portland OR – House Show
Solo debut album out now BUY OR STREAM: DIGITAL | CD
Team Love is so pleased to present the first solo album by our friend Palmer T. Lee. Download, stream, or buy hard copy from the TL shop, Amazon, or ask at your local record store. They can order it for you (record shops love to order stuff for you, by the way…). Winebringer is out now.